Amino acids of high quality are crucial for the synthesis of peptides with a high purity.
Utilizing building blocks of lower quality may have a negative impact on coupling efficiency, resulting in difficult purifications and low overall yields. Our building block selection ranges from standard Fmoc- and Boc-protected amino acids for peptide synthesis, to novel and unique protected building blocks.
Most of our standard Fmoc-L-amino acids are specified with a purity of ≥ 99.0%, an enantiomeric purity of ≥ 99.8% (or ≤ 0.2% of D-enantiomer), as well as a free amino acid content of less than 0.2%. All L- and D-enantiomers of our standard Fmoc building blocks can be supplied in 100+ kg quantities, and are produced in Europe in a GMP-environment that can be audited if required. All catalogue quantities of our standard Fmoc building blocks are available from stock and will be shipped within 24 hours of your order (excluding weekends).
→ Find all of our standard Fmoc-L-amino acids in our webshop.
→ Also find our high quality standard Fmoc-D-amino acids on our website.
- Solid-phase peptide synthesis: from standard procedures to the synthesis of difficult sequences; I. Coin, M. Beyermann and M. Bienert; Nat. Protocols 2007; 2: 3247-3256.
- Methods and protocols of modern solid phase peptide synthesis; M. Amblard, J.-A. Fehrentz, J. Martinez and G. Subra; Molecular Biotechnology 2006; 33: 239-254. doi:10.1385/mb:33:3:239
- The aspartimide problem in Fmoc-based SPPS. Part I; M. Mergler, F. Dick, B. Sax, P. Weiler and T. Vorherr; Journal of Peptide Science 2003; 9: 36-46. doi:10.1002/psc.430
-  Standard Fmoc protocols; D. A. Wellings and E. Atherton; Methods in enzymology 1997; 289: 44-67. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0076-6879(97)89043-X
- 3-(1-Piperidinyl)alanine formation during the preparation of C-terminal cysteine peptides with the Fmoc/t-Bu strategy; J. Lukszo, D. Patterson, F. Albericio and S. A. Kates; Letters in Peptide Science 1996; 3: 157-166. doi:10.1007/bf00132978
- Methods for Removing the Fmoc Group; G. B. Fields; Peptide Synthesis Protocols M. W. Pennington and B. M. Dunn 1995: 17-27. doi:10.1385/0-89603-273-6:17